Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Day One

Today was one of the greatest days of my life. ยจ5:30 came early, but getting going early was key on such a grueling day. Caryn and I were on Caboose crew, so I was able to take the entire hike through the Pyrenes nice and slow. In all honesty, I am so glad that I was assigned to the back because this really allowed me to enjoy the scenery and the atmosphere. While some of my fellow peligrinos may not agree, I felt as if the fog made the entire day unbelievably sureal. I was literally and figuratively walking on the clouds today. At several different moments, I actually found myself peering down into the clouds.......crazy. When we finally hit the top of the Pyrenes (1200 meters of beauty and sweat), the sight was breathtaking. We sat down, ate our second sanwich of the day, and actually took a nap atop the beatuful peak overlooking our destination. In town, I met up with a man named Marcos from Portugal, and he showed me his entire plan for the camino along with some pictures. I was overwhelmed by his generosity and his willingness to share his story. Later I am going to be sharing my pictures with Marcos as well. He plans to complete the Camino in 27 days, so I fear we might be running a little behind our blistering pace. Another day, Another hike tomorrow. Mom and Dad, I love you.

Casey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home