Monday, June 26, 2006

Happy Endings aren´t just for movies

So here´s my story.....I arrived at Detroit Metro Airport with Madrid on my mind. I was ready to face the world as my mother drove away (with a few tears streaming down the face). Full of confidence and excitement, I patiently awaited the arrival of my dependable, responsible partner in crime, The Miss Ti-Yanna. Miss Ti-Yanna was important to operation Madrid because I had no clue what was going on. I am not exaggerating when I say this. Hostel reservations, directions.....pretty much everything you need for a successful operation. For time´s sake, let´s now jump to our layover in London.
NO Ti-Yanna. At this point I have given up hope that she and I might have missed eachother somehow on the plane, but I am trying to keep my cool, and act as any mature, able 20 year old might.........so I started to cry. Just kidding but i wanted to. Fast forward to Madrid.
No Ti-Yanna. Backpack Lost. No directions to hostel. No clue what the name of the Hostel even is. I´m trying to get online to use the computer but my card wont work. I am realizing that I have no clue where I am staying for the first time in my entire life. My Spanish is much worse than expected. So I do what any mature, able 20 year old might do........I call my mom. And she informs me that Ti-Yanna missed the flight but gives me the info I need to get to the hostel......Man I love my Mom. Fast forward to today.
Washed my clothes last night for the first time. It felt really good to slip into clean underwear after a three day tour. My bag arrived in Madrid over night and was delivered finally moments before this post. Saw some amazing art at the museum. Had a great time on my whirl wind tour of Madrid, and I am beginning to realize that everything worked out wonderfully as at always seems to in the end. Thank you to everyone who helped with the back pack fiasco, and I can´t wait to get going tomorrow.´

ps. Ti-Yanna, you´re still my go to guy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home