Friday, June 30, 2006

How to learn Spanish

So I am tryinhg to make it a serious priority to practice Spanish while I´m here, but I often feel nervous and intimidated (fortunately my confidence grows with each day). In any event, Yesterday I spoke more spanish than I may have in my entire life combined. The reason...... I love little kids. Kate actually discovered the Spanish children in the river in Zubiri, but I quickly swarmed to cash in on the fun. By the end of the day, I was soaking wet from water fights, had learned the named of countless river-related terms (congrejo is like a little lobster that the kids wanted me to pick up which I refused declaring ¨tengo miedo como una chica pequena), had lost both of my sandals (running on the rocks did not help tender flesh and a swolen ankle I am nursing)and I had also been on the winning side of a local soccer game in the plaza. These children were all between the ages of 6 and 8, but they made me feel so comfortable with them and were genuinely excited that I was speaking spanish with them. In short, it was the best Spanish lesson of my life( no offense to Andy) and I have decided that the only sure-fire way for me to learn Spanish is to stay in Zubiri for the next six months. Goodbye America and I will see you in the winter. No just kidding mom. But I do want to give a shout out to my little boy Javier for returning my wallet when I left it by the river. Cooleset 6-year-old in Spain. In any event, I am here now in Pamlona with a swolen ankle and some grosse blisters on my two smallest toes on my right shoe which I will be nursing until tomorrow. Love you mom and Dad. Until next Post.
Casey

3 Comments:

Blogger edenharris said...

I've quickly come to learn that Casey has some of the most fun blog postings of the group. We're all rooting for you. Good luck nursing your blisters!
Alec's mom

4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home