Friday, July 07, 2006

GIEU Camino de Santiago 2006

So this morning I really wanted a bocodillo or sandwhich along the trail. I asked if they had them at this little bar and was dissapointed to realize that I would go hungry. But then the kind lady informed me that there were indeed bocodillos at a different location as she pointed me in the right direction. I walked into this little dining area with only two women, and kindly asked for a bocodillo. After kind of a strange look, the two women ran to the store for bread, made me a delicous tortilla, churiso, and queso bocodillo and offered me a pitcher of water. It was about this time that I realized there was no cash register at the place. A little wierd. Near the completion of my meal, the generous women brought over a plate labeled donations. It was about this time I realized that I had entered the dining hall orf a local albergue, not a bar or restaraunt at all. I left a nice donation and thanked the women for their generosity. I later learned that the kind woman from the first bar had actually told me to walk around the highway to a different place. I felt a little dumb, but I was also overwhelmed to realize the generosity the two women had offered me when I stumbled in and interupted their coffee break. The people here have hearts of gold. Love you Mom and Dad.
Casey

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home