Monday, July 24, 2006

I Blame Alec

Saint James, Saint James,
Why must your pilgrims suffer so?
Their hearts as pure as gold,
Yet from their bodies, bile and excrements flow.

No Campbells soup, no mother who consoles.
How will they reach the ancient relic?
No one knows, but if they don´t,
I blame it all on Harris, Alec.

Just kidding about blaming Alec, but I would like to call to attention the fact that Alec is responsible for introducing the terrible plague which has been dubbed Santiago´s Revenge to the group. Furthermore, I would like to assure to all that the plague has been conquered, and we are all on the mend.......although I am pretty sure that Alec and I will never speak again. While I was sick, I did miss my mom, so I would like to take this opportunity to thank her for all of the loving care in past sicknesses, surgeries, and things of that nature....I love you Mom.

Today has been a very relaxing day in Ambasmestas, Holly and I had a chance to hang out by the river for a couple of hours. I tried to relax on the swing set earlier, but it turns out my butt will no longer fit in such places. Tomorrow should be a really beautiful hike into O Cebreiro. Believe it or not, 11 college students have agreed to rise at 4:30 in the morning in order to capture some amazing scenery as we ascend toward the pueblo. Should be a great day filled with great pictures and amazing memories. Love you Mom and Dad.

Casey

8 Comments:

Anonymous Casey's Mom said...

Glad you are all feeling better. Moms can be pretty important people but so can great kids like all of you. Enjoy the rest of your journey and be safe.

4:18 PM  
Blogger edenharris said...

Casey,
I loved your mom's comment, and feel like a compatriot with her, watching your progress from here and wishing we were there to help; knowing that you really don't need it any more...

I love it that you and Alec took care of each other through it all. THAT's true friendship. You're putting us both out of a job, as it should be... :)

Thanks also, Casey, for your great commentary. We look forward to them every day!
Alec's mom

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Casey. You are very sweet (get it). Also, all your postcards came at once. How fun!!!

Love, Mom

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Casey!! I've been reading all your entries. What a great experience for you. I'm so jealous!!!

:)
Mr. Losh

7:11 PM  
Blogger Casey White said...

Mr. Losh,
Sorry I´m such a doop about keeping in touch. I´m glad your enjoying the blog, and we need to get together so I can share some pictures and stories when I return.

Casey

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home