Thursday, July 06, 2006

My Rant

So here is a quick rant on some of the events of the past 2 days. 4th of July was rather uneventful. I missed watching the fireworks with my family out on the Lake but I did manage to sing every single American Patriotic song I know to keep the American spirit alive alond the Camino. Yesterday we also got to swim for free, too bad it was the only rainy day we have had the entire time here and after swimming in the freezing pool the showers were just as cold. Oh well, I´m not going to complain about free swimming. Anyway, I was praying for a little bit of cold last night as I lay in bed sweating and desperately trying to fall asleep.
Today was a shorter day- We got into town around 11:30 , and Chun, Andy, and I cooked lunch. Chun is quite the chef. I would work for that man any day. We also toured a church here in Santa Domingo, and I was fascinated. Having taken a couple of art history clñasses, I foulnd a lot of the material absolutely stunning. The symbolism behind the work is what really gets me fired up.
It was Kates birthday today ánd we just finished our celebration. It was a blast. I´m having such a great time here, and I´m so grateful for this opportunity. Without the Camino I may never have met any of these amazing people, and I already feel like I´m creating some friendships that will last. Sorry for the rant. We are having a blast in Spain. Love you Mom and Dad.
Casey

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am surprised that Chun is such a Chef. He should keep it up and continued to improve and can dish up his own specialty for his folks when he is back home for vacation.

Chun Yi's mum

2:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home