Monday, July 17, 2006

The Shirt off of his own Back

I am the proud new owner of a 2006 FIFA World Cup Brazil shirt. It´s probably my favorite shirt, even though I´ve never actually tried it on. The truth of the matter is that my friend Sergio and I began talking about what a nice place Brazil is (Sergio is from Brazil and is very proud of his heritage...he invited our entire group to come and stay with him in Brazil next summer) Before I knew it, Sergio had ripped the shirt he was wearing right off of his back and handed it over. I protested, but in the end I have to admit that I am 100% excited to have such a meaningful article of memorabelia to remember our friendship and the trip in general. Tomorrow, Sergio and our Luts want to have a fairwell party in Estorga because they are on the accelerated (Camino on steroids) for the next two weeks.

Quick note about today...we are staying in the ¨Albergue of Jesus¨, and this place is like Heaven. Swimming pool, big lawn, lifeguard chair atop Noah´s Ark (there´s seriously a big wooden boat you can crawl into so I´ve been herding up animals just in case), and we even get to sleep outside.

Loving Spain. Love you mom and dad.

Casey

6 Comments:

Anonymous Casey's Mom said...

Sounds like you are enjoying every second. Cherish your gift and the new friendships. Brazil sounds like a great place to visit. It's going to be 96 degress here today. I would like to be swimming with all of you. Have fun.

Love, Mom

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home