Sunday, July 02, 2006

Socks and Soccer

Old news, but a pair of my socks was stolen back in Roncesvalles. They disappeared after a load of laundry.

We´ve been watching some of the World Cup matches in the local bars, and each one has gone to a shootout. Casey and Kate have a series of bets going; each picks a team and the winner gets a back massage. Casey is up 4 to 2.

The weather here has been extremely hot. I haven´t seen anything official, but it´s probably somewhere between 90 and 100 during the afternoon. Yesterday knocked everyone out, and we were all napping after lunch. The only way to beat the heat is to start really early at 5:45 or 6:00.

We´ve met all kinds of great people here. Everyone is doing basically the same thing and moving at about the same speed. There are two brother from Ireland here that bring a lot of great energy and excitement to the albergues. Other peregrinos come from Hungary, Australia, Canada, Italy, and many more. The diversity is extraordinary.

4 Comments:

Anonymous RON said...

Hi Paul,
I hope it cools off a little. Cooler sounds better for hiking this camino. I'll ask Mary to send you some more socks. :-)
Ron

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul.
(Hopefully you find this because my computer wouldn't let me comment on your most recent post).

Happy much belated 4th of July. Ojala que su camino este pasando bien. I can't believe that someone stole your socks. Where they cool under armour socks or glow in the dark socks or socks with some other cool atrribute or just plain white socks?

I went camping this weekend and I lost a sock as well. I blame the porcupine that attacked our tent.

I've never heard of a walk described as torrid before.

-Laura

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I find some information here.

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home